Ungava Transport - Canada


Click Here for information about purchasing copies of these pictures

The 1959-built tanker Ungava Transport is seen in this photograph as she was approaching the entrance of the Welland Canal during the afternoon hours of June 6th, 1977. She was originally a bulk carrier named Varangnes. In 1970 she was converted to a tanker and renamed Tommy Wiborg and in 1974 she was sold to Halco Inc. of Canada and renamed Ungava Transport. In 1985 she was sold to Provmar Fuels in Hamilton and they had the ship reduced to a barge named Provmar Terminal. Photograph by Gordon Turner.


Welland Canal Archive Home
Photograph Archives
Welland Canal Transits
Send a message
Posted : December 17 2001, 2001       Last Revised : December 17 2001
Photo by : Gordon Turner - Copyright © - 1977, 2001

Site updated and maintained by Jeff Cameron