She sailed originally as the World War II tanker Neshanic. In 1947 she was sold into merchant service and renamed Gulfoil and in 1961 she was again sold resulting a name change to Pioneer Challenger. In 1962 she was purchased by the Columbia Transportation Division of the Oglebay Norton Company in Cleveland, Ohio and converted to a bulk carrier for the Great Lakes trade. She has operated at Middletown ever since. Photograph by Jim Hoffman.
Site updated and maintained by Jeff Cameron