TEXAS TRADER - New York, N.Y., U.S.A.
Call sign - KIYN
IMO number - 5108742
Owner - Fourth Attransco Tanker Corp., U.S.A.
Location - Photographed while she was underway at New Orleans, U.S.A.
Photograph Date - 19 October 1991
Photographer - Rene Beauchamp - (Willem VanMaanen's collection)
Added to archive - 21 Feb 2003
Last updated - 21 Feb 2003
Keel laid -
Delivered - January 1957
(a) Esso Washington - U.S.A. (1973)
(b) Exxon Washington - U.S.A. (1990)
(a) Texas Trader - U.S.A.
Beached at Alang on 26 May 1994 for scrapping
Scrap price - $120.00/ldt or $1,541,000 (US)
Ship type - Oil tanker
Gross tonnage - 19,733
Net tonnage - 11,993
Deadweight tonnage - 41,590
L.O.A. - 217.94 meters (715'0")
L.B.P. - 208.80 meters (685'0")
Width overall - 28.43 meters (93'3")
Width moulded - 28.35 meters (93'0")
Draught - 11.85 meters (37'7")
Depth - 14.81 meters (48'7")
Yard name - Newport News Shipbuilding & Drydock Company
Country - Newport News, Virginia, U.S.A.
Hull number - 520
Engine builder - Newport News SB & DD Co.
Number of engines - 1
Engine type - steam turbine
Horsepower - 26,500 shp (19,492 kW)
Speed - 19.5 knots
Bow/stern thuster hp - none
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - Former owners, managers, accidents, conversions, cargoes,
voyages, sightings or corrections etc -
* Esso Washington's owner in 1969 was Humble Oil & Refining Company, U.S.A.
* Exxon Washington's owner in 1988 was the Exxon Transportation Company, U.S.A. (Exxon Shipping Company)
* Texas Trader's owner in 1992 was the Fourth Attransco Tanker Corporation, U.S.A. (American Trading Transportation Copmany)
* Retired from service and sold for scrapping early in 1994
* 23 May 1994 she anchored off Alang, India
* 26 May 1994 she was beached
* 3 August 1994 work on cutting the hull down for scrap was started by crews at the Lalchan Zain & Sons yard
Information sources - Fairplay Internet Ship Register, Lloyds Registers & Marine News - The World Ship SocietyContributions also by -
Click Here for information about purchasing copies of these pictures
This website is best viewed with a screen resolution of 1152 x 864
Email - Jeff Cameron, Canada