She was built in 1957 in Bremen, Germany and entered service as Pluto. By 1976 she was owned by Caribbean & Gulf Chartering Co. Ltd. of Panama and it was that that she was sold to Samaru Shipping Inc., also of Panama and renamed Samaru. In June of 1979 Samaru entered the Great Lakes and ended up staying for just over 9 years.. At some point shortly after her arrival she was purchased by Harry Gamble Shipyards in Port Dover who had intentions of operating her on the Great Lakes.. These plans never materialized and she laid up in Port Dover on Lake Erie..
Finally early in 1988 the Yew Seng Shipping Company PTE of Singapore purchased the ship. She was completely repainted and her name was changed to Sa-Maru. At the time this picture was taken it was beleived that Sa-Maru was destined for the Caribbean for new duties..
Her disposition is unknown..
Site updated and maintained by Jeff Cameron