She was built in Turku/abo, Finland by Oy Wartsila Ab as their hull number 1215. The keel was laid late in 1973, it was launched in June of 1974 and Nyhorn entered service during February of 1975. Through her career she sailed as Nyhorn (91), Silver Horn (95), Lady Ina (97), Ina (98), Gina (2002) and finally Gina-1 until her retirement. It is likely though that she did not operate under her last name.
During May of 2002 she was sold by unspecified Panamainan interests associated with Pelican Marine, Mumbai, India to the Shree Saibaba Ship Breaking Company in Alang, India for $144.00/ldt or around $1.2 million (US). She arrived off Alang on June 12 of 2002 where she was subsequently run up on the scrapping beach and dismantled.
Information courtesy Lloyds Registers, Marine News & Fairplay Internet Ship Register
Site updated and maintained by Jeff Cameron