The 1957-built, 1,229-dwt, vehicle and general cargo vessel, Nasim II is seen in
this photograph while she was lying on the beach at Aliaga, Turkey being cut up for scrap during
March of 1989. She was built in England and sailed originally as Bardic Ferry until 1976. She
was renamed Nasim II at that time and operated for Sea Endurance Shipping of Panama. She arrived
in tow at Aliaga on November 5th, 1988 and she was dismantled through the early months of 1989 by workers
at the scrapyard of Kalkavanlar Gemi Sokum ve Ticaret A.S.
Photograph by Selim San courtesy Willem VanMaanen's collection.